POEM model: how brands can develop their visibility?

 

The POEM model – Paid, Owned and Earned Media – makes it possible to classify the different types of exposure that a brand can benefit consumers through traditional (TV, urban displays…) or digital (websites, social networks…) communication channels.

 

How is the POEM model composed?

Paid Media represents the different types of advertising space a brand can buy: they can be present on digital media (social networks, websites…) or more traditional media such as television or advertising posters.
This type of communication is generally expensive and ineffective. Even if it enables a brand to develop its visibility quickly, only 46% of consumers trust ads on social media and 47% trust the ones on search engine results pages according to Nielsen.

The second segment of the POEM model is the Owned Media. This refers to all the exposures media that a brand owns and controls. The central media is usually its website where it can publish blog articles, provide different types of content related to its brand, etc. Then add its accounts on social media such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
The strength of Owned Media is the brand’s total control over it. However, consumers remain more suspicious of published content: only 54% of European consumers trust a brand’s website according to Nielsen.

Earned Media is the third part of the POEM model. It corresponds to all the media acquired by the brand for no monetary consideration. They are thus independent media, generated by people who are not affiliated with the brand.

 

Earned Media: an effective lever to communicate on your brand

Earned Media allows consumers to become brand ambassadors. Indeed, the latter relies solely on the quality of its product to promote it. It has no control over what will be published on it, which makes the message even more credible. That is why 72% of marketers prefer Earned Media to gain consumer confidence according to a study conducted by Cision. We can also talk about Brand Advocacy as consumers become advocates of the brand image created through Earned Media.

In addition, UGCs – User Generated Content – represent 80% of Earned Media, the remaining 20% concern press articles. The majority of content shared in Earned Media is therefore user content, authentic content that allows brands to reconnect with consumers and boost their conversion rate without any direct cost.
It is also possible to reuse UGCs generated in the Earned Media in the different parts of the POEM model in order to bring confidence of the Earned to the Paid and the Owned.

 

Sampleo, nano-influence campaigns promoting generation of UGCs

Our agency, thanks to a community of more than 760,000 ambassadors from seven different countries, offers brands influence solutions that capitalize on the generation of authentic content in order to develop their notoriety and reconnect them with consumers.

If you are interested by our nano-influence offers, please contact us.

 

Leave a Reply

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *